The State Registration office was established on 23 November, 1940, by the resolution # 44 of the Ministerial Council of the People’s Republic of Mongolia on “Civil Passport Regulations”, which initiated collection and production of household data by age and gender.
In 1992, the new Constitution provided citizens with the right to fair acquisition, possession, inheritance, and the rights and freedoms of private entreprises. Today, as the Implementing Agency of the Government of Mongolia, the registration authority is developing wide range of activities in the area of registration of civil, property, legal entities and intellectual property.
- Provides public service on state Civil registration, Property right’s registration Legal entitles registration and Intellectual property rights registration to public and business organization and citizens
- 500 registration units serving
- Consulate and Diplomatic Representative offices in overseas provided registration services accordance with the law
- Registration of civil marital status
- Registration of electronic identification card
- Registration of travel documents
- Registration of new legal entities
- Changes in legal entity registration
- Liquidation of legal entity
- Registration of legal entity stamps and seals
- Initial registration
- Other property rights registration
- Processing of applications for trademarks, geographical indications, industrial designs and protection of rights for invention
- Issuance of special license of intellectual property representative
- Electronic and paper database of industrial property
- Providing advice, assistance, training and advocacy on Copyright and Relate rights
- To register copyright and related works and issue certificate of registration
- To develop protection of copyright and related rights
- Services provided by Citizens, Property Rights, and Laws of State Registration of archives related to state registration
The new organizational structure and strategy for the GAIPSR have been approved by the Resolution # 12 of 2016 of the State Great Khural, the Resolution # 4 of 2016 the Government of Mongolia and the order # A / 16 of 2016 by the Minister of Justice and Home Affairs. The restructured agency is named GAIPSR and has more than 1250 employees nationwide.
The database of State Registration Agencies is the largest in the country, about 60 terabytes, with a total of 37 databases, over 400 offline subdivisions, and 2 082 files are used for election processes. Total of 42 types of software available for registration in the following locations.
• General Authority
• Capital City, 9 districts, 152 khoroo
• 21 aimags and 330 soums
• 77 diplomatic missions in 31 countries.